Good Morning and Happy Monday!
The clocks went back an hour over the weekend in my part of the globe, and we should feel lucky to have that extra hour for ourselves!
The old me would have thought “Great, an extra hour to sleep in on Sunday!” - but the new me is more interested in getting more out of life and making better use of my time.
I noticed some fellow tumblrs getting in a run or a workout, while some others relaxed and enjoyed the Autumnal weather with family and good food, well done guys! I’m pleased I didn’t see too much over indulgence with the Halloween candy.
Speaking of winding the clocks back though, I’ll be doing some winding back of a different kind this week, some self indulgence and a slow paced approach to my workouts as yoga is on the cards this week, as well as some immune boosting comfort foods (namely soups and stews) and a lot of pampering.
May I suggest you do something this week to reward yourself and to look after yourself. This week, why don’t you do one of the following:
- Take advantage of the post workout cool down opportunity and make use of the sauna at the gym. Relax and take the time to stretch thoroughly after your workout.
- Indulge in some spa treatments or DIY at home with some luxury body butter after a bubble bath.
- Book in a massage - for relaxation or some deep tissue treatment after working your body hard.
- Get cooking, find new recipes or try cooking with some new ingredients. Keep it healthy and nutritious.
- Get into the outdoors if you can for that back to nature boost. Take your workout to the local park, go for a hike or cycle - but remember to take caution and wear high visibility clothing in these dark mornings and evenings.
Make this week all about you and treat yourself with the love and care that you deserve.